Covid-19 Update For Allergy PatientsMarch 18, 2020
Piedmont Pediatrics Allergy Patients,
We hope that you’re transitioning well to our “new normal for right now.” In light of all that is happening with the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to reassure you that we at Piedmont Pediatrics are committed to continue providing you safe, excellent quality healthcare.
We have received numerous questions regarding ongoing operations of our allergy clinic which we will seek to answer here. The changes outlined below have been put in place in order to keep in step with the CDC and governmental recommendations that we not congregate in groups of more than 10 people.
First, we want to let you know that OUR ALLERGY OFFICE IS STILL OPEN FOR BOTH TESTING AND FOR ONGOING ALLERGY IMMUNOTHERAPY SHOTS.
The most frequent question we have encountered is:
“Should my child continue to come into the office to receive their allergy shots?”
The answer is YES. The measures we are taking in our allergy office have been implemented in order to keep you and your children safe during this time. Remember, if you wait too long between shots, your child will have to back up on their dosing or possibly even start over at the beginning of the build-up phase.
- We are still open M-F from 8:30am to 11:30 am and 1:30p- 4:30pm.
- We are transitioning to APPOINTMENTS ONLY for ALLERGY SHOTS at this time in order to keep number of patients in office at any one time to a smaller number. Please click on this link to schedule, OR call Lindsay at 404-351-6662 x 1282.
- Our office door will be open so you do not have to touch the door handles.
- We have a maximum of 4 patients in office at any one time, utilizing each side of the waiting room and each exam room so that patients are isolated and able to practice “social distancing” while waiting after their shots. We have also built in sufficient time in the schedule to allow for a thorough cleaning of each of these areas after each use.
- We are asking parents to only have the patient and 1 adult in the office for shot visits. No siblings at this time. Thank you for your understanding in this.
- We recommend all payments be made via AutoPay.
- Please contact Lindsay, Abby or your primary provider should you have any other questions we can answer during this time. As always, for emergencies you should still call 911.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Your Piedmont Pediatrics Allergy Team